Learner Support Programme:
1. We have conducted Needs Assessments Surveys at four of the HM Pitje Foundation’s beneficiary schools in Soshanguve and Mamelodi. The objective of the Needs Assessments was to identify and further assist the schools in finding gaps in the psycho-social support services that they render to their respective learners. The information provided by the learners who participated in the Needs Assessment is used as a guiding tool to develop and implement a needs-specific Learner Support Programme aimed at optimising the learning environment, while providing learners with the necessary support services with the hope that this will result in a more integrated support system for learners that takes into account the “home-school” context when addressing challenges faced by learners.
2. Monthly wellness visit at the schools
3. Individual counselling for learners referred by educators
4. Consultations with parents and educators about concerns relating to learners
5. Working with educators to provide remedial lessons for learners with academic challenges
On Mandela day 2019, Sizakala joined hands with the HM Pitje Foundation to paint a schools in Mamelodi